I’m very transparent on this website about my experience with quitting drinking and building a healthy lifestyle from scratch. There’s a lot that went into my transformation.
However, none of it would have been possible if I had not discovered natural supplements that allowed me to overcome the anxiety, depression, and insomnia that plagued me as I first set out to change my life.
It’s tragic that millions of people make the right decision to leave alcohol behind and change their lives, but SO few of them succeed for long. Contrary to conventional wisdom, it’s not because they’re fundamentally dishonest or unreliable.
The majority of them fail because it’s next to impossible to improve your life if your body and brain can’t produce the neurotransmitters and hormones that you need to feel good.
Yes, it’s important to eradicate negative thought patterns, surround yourself with positive people, and pursue your real passions in life. However, all of these things will be very difficult if you don’t feel good.
Feeling good isn’t an optional luxury. Self-improvement is impossible if you’re physically unequipped to feel relaxed and motivated. I used to rely on alcohol to feel good, but then I discovered that my body and brain already makes the natural chemicals that alcohol monopolized for so long. My system just needed a little boost in the form of supplementation.
There’s no valor in white knuckling through anxious feelings, low motivation, or the perception of life as a “black and white” movie with no color. I experienced all of these states until I discovered the supplements I discuss on this website.
High quality supplements can help you rebalance your mood and feel the way that you wished alcohol could make you feel long-term.
The best part is, you don’t have to take any of these supplements for longer than a few months to experience these results!
You could get all of the supplements I’ve used on Amazon for thousands of dollars, but it’s way more cost-efficient to buy a high quality blend that incorporates multiple ingredients that are demonstrated to be effective.
So, onto the best supplements on the market!
- 1) BR Restore
- Top 15 Effective Ingredients in BR Restore
- Scientific Research
- How To Use BR Restore
- “Can I Take BR Restore With Other Supplements?”
- “Why doesn’t BR Restore contain omega-3s or probiotics?”
- “Does BR Restore contain any sugar or artificial sweeteners?”
- “Isn’t it best to take energizing supplements in the morning and relaxing ones in the evening?”
- “Are you going to make a version for people who take antidepressants?”
- BR Restore Pricing
- How To Order BR Restore
- 2) Neura-Vie
- 3) CBDPure CBD Oil
- Research On CBD For Alcohol Addiction
- Trusted CBD Oil Brands
- Neura-Vie & CBDPure Have The Fit Recovery Stamp Of Approval
1) BR Restore
- “Chris, which supplements should I take?”
- “What time of day should I take them?”
- “How can I avoid bad brands and misleading ingredients?”
- “Which amino acids work best for restoring mood?”
- “What should I take for my liver?”
- “Should I take probiotics?”
- “How do you feel about SAM-e?”
- “What adaptogens should I start with?”
Rather than attempt the impossible task of constantly monitoring every available supplement brand out there, we decided there was a better solution…
Team up with scientists to create a supplement that contains over 90% of what “our people” need!
This is easier said than done. I did my best to account for biochemical individuality. I came up with a list of supplements that were the most widely needed, widely effective, and widely tolerated.
It then took well over A YEAR to gather the research, enlist the expertise of PhD’s, nutritionists and orthomolecular experts, manufacture the product, tweak the taste, and test it in the lab to ensure 100% purity.
We came up with a hell of a product that thousands of people benefited from and absolutely loved.
Our turbocharged, new and improved version is called BR Restore!
Before I elaborate on the details of this one-of-a-kind supplement, I want to mention a few cool facts that make it pretty unique in the supplement world:
- All of its ingredients are backed by EXPERIENCE (mine, along with my private clients/course members)
- All of its ingredients are backed by SCIENCE (our scientist partner would not let anything in the formula without a valid study!)
- All of its ingredients are LIPOSOMAL, meaning that there are no pills to swallow – and it is rapidly and 100% absorbed by your body!
We did not just throw together a list of “possibly helpful” compounds…Every single one went through a strict vetting process.
(We’ll explore the research behind this supplement in the sections below.)
BR Restore works best for three types of people:
- People who want craving support while quitting drinking
- People who are alcohol-free, yet still deficient in vital nutrients (this is almost universal)
- People who want to optimize their bodies and moods with effective natural compounds!
The ingredients in BR Restore have a synergistic effect with one another. This means that they are more effective taken together than taken alone. A basic example: Vitamin B6 and 5HTP, which require each other for serotonin synthesis.
Here is a rundown of the types of ingredients we included in BR Restore:
- Amino Acids & SAM-e synergistically support healthy neurotransmission.
- Vitamins & Minerals support the body as well as neurotransmission.
- Phosphatidylcholine supports the liver and provide the building blocks for new brain cells.
- Natural Herbs support the body’s response to stress, helping you to adapt to life without alcohol.
To understand how BR Restore works, we will discuss each of its ingredients and scientific research. We will then review how to use it, compare its cost with buying supplements separately, and discuss how to obtain it.
Top 15 Effective Ingredients in BR Restore
1) Pure SAM-e
Enhances serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine production while protecting the liver from oxidative stress caused by alcohol. SAM-e is depleted in people with alcoholic liver disease due to insufficient enzyme activation.
2) PPC (Phosphatidylcholine)
Widely used in treatment of alcohol liver diseases and liver diseases of other origins. Studies show PPC improves liver function within a few weeks and protects against alcohol-related liver disease.
3) DL-Phenylalanine (DLPA)
Combination of two amino acids: DPA and LPA.
LPA is a precursor for dopamine. Low dopamine levels are associated with risk of not feeling satisfied, anxiety and alcohol addiction.
DPA neutralizes enzymes in the body that destroy endorphins, thereby increasing endorphin levels. Studies have found that people taking DPA and LPA together alleviate withdrawal and have a quicker recovery without relapsing.
Increases natural synthesis of dopamine, norepinephrine (noradrenaline), and epinephrine (adrenaline), which regulate adrenal stress hormones. Studies show that L-Tyrosine stops alcohol cravings and alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
Precursor for GABA. Long-term alcohol use leads to severe deficiencies of two GABA precursors, L-glutamine and vitamin B6. Increasing natural GABA supply helps to decrease the severity of depression, anxiety and alcohol withdrawal.
6) 5HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophane)
Precursor for serotonin. Several investigations have found that 5-HTP can reduce alcohol intake and craving, as well as suppress alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
7) Magnesium Citrate
Magnesium is required for over 300 biochemical processes in the body, and it’s especially crucial for proper brain and nervous system health. Sufficient magnesium is necessary for stable GABA levels, which help the brain-body system to relax.
Magnesium citrate is among the most bioavailable forms of magnesium.
8) Vitamin D3
This nutrient has become a superstar in the wake of the pandemic, and everyone is aware of its ability to promote strong immunity. As a steroid hormone, vitamin D3 is involved in countless biochemical processes, one of which is the synthesis of feel-good neurotransmitters like serotonin.
The majority of Americans are deficient in vitamin D3. Recent studies have linked vitamin D3 deficiency to a higher affinity for artificial rewards from drugs.
9) Ashwagandha Root
Ashwagandha is an herb used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine for its anti-anxiety effect. It is known to regulate responses to stress and reduce cortisol levels. Five recent intervention studies found that supplementing with ashwagandha resulted in significantly lower levels of stress and anxiety.
10) Chromium Picolinate
Increases receptor sensitivity to 5-HTP, enhancing serotonin synthesis and dopamine homeostasis.
Chromium has also been shown to reduce cravings for substances as well as binge-eating behavior. It helps to regulate insulin levels, lowering blood sugar in people with diabetes. Chromium deficiency has been identified as a potential contributing factor in cases of alcoholism experienced by mothers with postpartum depression.
BR Restore contains the following B-Vitamins:
B1 (as Thiamin HCL)
B6 (Pyridoxal-5 Phosphate)
B9 / Folate (as L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate)
Long-term alcohol consumption results in severe depletion of all B-vitamins, which serve as co-enzymes in liver detoxification from alcohol, cell and neuron formation, and DNA synthesis.
B-vitamin neurological functions are fundamental in the treatment of alcohol withdrawal to ensure optimal “dopamine homeostasis” and production of neurotransmitters serotonin, GABA and endorphins.
A high dose of B vitamins not only helps fight alcohol withdrawal syndromes by increasing brain function, it also fight toxins in the liver and supports adrenal function.
12) Vitamin C
Protects the liver and all cells in the body from alcohol’s toxic byproducts. Because it reduces inflammation, vitamin C has been shown to be helpful for treating alcoholic liver disease.
The combination of zinc, high dose vitamin C, and SAMe provides strong anti-oxidative protection against alcohol-induced toxicity in the liver. Studies show that zinc may be useful for treating alcoholic liver disease as well as for treatment-resistant depression.
14) Natural Acai Berry
These incredibly nutrient dense berries from the Amazon rainforest include high levels of plant compounds including anthocyanins, a powerful source of natural antioxidants. The antioxidant power of acai berry has been measured at over 300% greater than blueberries.
To be clear, there are no studies suggesting acai berries help with alcohol cravings or recovery. But we didn’t think these nutrient powerhouses would hurt!
15) Co-Enzyme Q10
CoQ10 is a compound contained in the mitochondria of cells, helping to generate energy by synthesizing ATP. It is also a potent antioxidant, mopping up dangerous free radicals such as those produced by alcohol detoxification.
CoQ10 levels decrease with age, leaving the brain, heart, and other tissues susceptible to a lack of mitochondrial energy production along with free radical damage. Deficiency in CoQ10 has been linked to cancer, heart disease, neurological problems, and diabetes.
Since the body does not store excess CoQ10, continual supplementation is recommended for people who need it.
In the video below, I talk to Dr. Rebeca Eriksen, a clinician specializing in nutrition for alcohol recovery, about the importance of nutrition for alcohol recovery:
BR Restore only contains ingredients that have been shown by scientific research to support imbalances associated with alcohol use.
(To be clear, BR Restore is NOT a cure for severe alcohol withdrawal symptoms. If you have have life-threatening alcohol withdrawal symptoms, please get to an ER immediately.)
We teamed up with scientists who were VERY strict about what went into this supplement. We spent months sorting through research. Here are direct quotes from just a few of the studies that emerged:
- “The use of food supplement containing D-phenylalanine, L-glutamine and L-5-hydroxytriptophan [5HTP] alleviates alcohol withdrawal symptoms.” (source)
- “Alcoholics treated with L-tyrosine combined with DLPA (D,L-phenylalanine), L-glutamine plus a multivitamin had reduced withdrawal symptoms and decreased stress.” (source)
- “PPC [PolyenylPhosphatidylCholine]at the initial stages of alcoholic liver injury may prevent or delay the progression to more advanced forms of alcoholic liver disease.” (source)
- “SAMe is particularly important for opposing the toxicity of free radicals generated by various toxins, including alcohol. (source)
- “Alcohol reduces B vitamin concentration in healthy male volunteers.” (source)
- “Chronic alcohol consumption can result in thiamine [vitamin B1] deficiency…A reduction in thiamine can interfere with numerous cellular functions, leading to serious brain disorders.” (source)
- “Alcohol-induced modulation of zinc transporters results in decreased zinc levels in lungs, liver, gut, and brain. Zinc deficiency in the gut results in increased gut permeability, ultimately leading to endotoxemia and systemic inflammation.” (source)
- “Dietary supplementation with chromium is beneficial in moderating glucose intolerance [e.g., stabilizing blood sugar levels].” (source)
- “Vitamin C (500 mg twice daily) has potential effects in alleviating inflammatory status.” (source)
- “The present study provides satisfactory evidence to use Ashwagandha as a safe and reliable alternative to diazepam in alcohol withdrawal conditions.” (source)
- “After detoxification there was a six-fold decrease in [abstinence] rates when comparing supplement groups vs. placebo groups.” (source)
How To Use BR Restore
I decided to listen to all of my clients who HATE swallowing 10-20 capsules every day. BR Restore mixes best with a small amount of cold water in a protein shaker!
Most people find that 1 scoop per day is sufficient. Since this is a VERY potent supplement, start with 1/2 scoop to assess tolerance.
Some people with severe nutrient deficiencies may benefit most from 2 scoops per day. In this case, we recommend taking 1 scoop with breakfast and 1 scoop with dinner.
Best results are seen when BR Restore is taken with food. We recommend taking it immediately prior to a meal or within an hour after a meal. Some people experience stomach queasiness when taking potent multi-nutrient formulas on an empty stomach.
Each bottle contains 30 scoops, which is a 1-month supply on average. We recommend taking BR Restore for 1-3 months.
Because it mixes into a liquid, it is much better absorbed than capsules. And because it is 100% liposomal, it is rapidly absorbed.
Note: If you are taking SSRI antidepressants, do NOT take BR Restore without first talking to your doctor! This supplement contains natural serotonin precursors/boosters (5HTP and SAM-e) that can interact with antidepressant drugs that artificially raise levels of serotonin.
“Can I Take BR Restore With Other Supplements?”
If you already take supplements that are not in BR Restore, you should have no problem combining them with it. The ingredients in BR Restore are very safe.
I have private clients who already take a multivitamin, omega-3s and CBD oil. They are doing quite well since adding in BR Restore, which allows them to avoid taking a huge number of capsules each day.
After finishing BR Restore, I recommend using Neura-Vie (see below). This supplement is top quality for maintenance. But it’s not nearly as strong as BR Restore, which contains nearly 90% of what you’ll need for the first 1-3 months.
Unlike typical supplements that contain 1/10th of the dosages required to feel effects, this supplement is very potent. Many of my coaching clients find that they only need 1/2 scoop per day. They can then take the other supplements we’re about to discuss at other times of the day.
“Why doesn’t BR Restore contain omega-3s or probiotics?”
Our original formula (“Nutrient Support”) contained both of these compounds, which can be very helpful for alcohol recovery. We decided to eliminate them from BR Restore for two powerful reasons:
- The best quality omega-3s come from fish oil powder, which creates a very fishy aftertaste. Omitting these two ingredients brought the taste profile from a 5/10 to a solid 9/10 in our opinion!
- In place of these two ingredients, we were able to put in effective doses of magnesium citrate, CoQ10, and vitamin D3. Our new formula is now a major powerhouse for immunity, energy, and even heart health!
For omega-3s, we recommend high-quality arctic krill oil or wild salmon oil. There are also many high-quality probiotic supplements out there, but I personally get enough from drinking low-sugar kombucha and eating kimchi, sauerkraut, and other fermented foods.
“Does BR Restore contain any sugar or artificial sweeteners?”
BR Restore has no sugar or artificial sweeteners. It is sweetened only with stevia and monkfruit powder.
It is flavored primarily with natural flavors, along with a very small amount of artificial flavors. There is debate about the usefulness of the distinction between “natural” and “artificial” flavors, since most of the so-called natural flavors are synthesized in a lab anyway.
As someone who avoids processed foods loaded with artificial flavors, I’m very picky about which supplements I will take. While I will never eat a bag of Doritos, I’m not at all worried about minuscule amounts of “artificial flavors” in some of my favorite supplements, including BR Restore (and Neura-Vie discussed below).
“Isn’t it best to take energizing supplements in the morning and relaxing ones in the evening?”
This is a fantastic question that I got from one of my readers.
I’ve previously discussed how I would take energizing supplements in the morning and relaxing supplements in the evening.
We decided to put everything in together in BR Restore because the ingredients balance each other and work synergistically.
The clinicians we worked with explained to me that after years of clinical practice with using supplements for alcohol recovery in London, Switzerland, and Spain, this approach has proven to be very reliable.
When I team up with people who have more experience than I do, I listen and learn!
“Are you going to make a version for people who take antidepressants?”
That’s on our agenda! If you are on my email list, you will be the first to know.
I should note that it’s impossible to create a supplement that pleases everyone, because everyone is biochemically unique.
Some people will LOVE BR Restore right away, while others will find that they need something else for their biochemistry. We hope that you love it, but if not, you can always return it and get your money back.
BR Restore Pricing
Since BR Restore is such a unique supplement, there aren’t really any competitors. There are a few “anti-alcohol aids” out there, but none of them are in the same league as BR Restore. Most of them contain weak herbal extracts and a few B-vitamins. Meh.
But what if you were to buy the most important ingredients in BR Restore separately? Here’s the breakdown for a 1 month supply, given the best current prices on Amazon:
That’s right…It costs $373.21 to buy these ingredients separately on Amazon.
BR Restore has all of these ingredients, and it retails for $219 for a 30-day supply on our website. That’s less than $8 per day! How much do you currently spend on alcohol?
As far as supplements go, BR Restore is definitely a premium product. But what price do you place on your health?
If BR Restore doesn’t work for you for any reason whatsoever, simply return it within 30 days and get your money back!
This supplement is an investment in your health – and your Future Self – that will make the price seem very insignificant if it works for you.
My private clients used to spend several hundred dollars just to open 10-20 containers of pills and swallow them – twice per day, every day. Wouldn’t you rather take a scoop of powder and be done with it?
How To Order BR Restore
Ordering our product from our website is easy. Amazon handles the discrete shipping process.
For a limited time, you can get the following benefits by ordering through our website:
- FREE expedited shipping (1-3 business days, except Hawaii and Alaska) – at no charge to you.
- 10% off coupon sent right to your inbox!
With the 10% off coupon that you’ll get from our website, the price of BR Restore falls to $197.10. That’s less than $7 per day!
My newest favorite supplement, which I myself now take religiously, is a nootropic powder called Neura-Vie. It’s made by a company called New U Life, which makes other awesome supplements as well.
My cohost on the Elevation Recovery Podcast, Matt Finch, introduced me to this supplement when I visited him in San Diego in 2020. I was skeptical.
After taking a single packet in the morning, I felt about 70% calmer, clearer, and more insightful than I usually do. Neura-Vie is a fantastic antidote to the brain fog that can last for months after quitting alcohol!
I was already optimized and 6+ years off of booze when I tried Neura-Vie. The fact that I felt a definite effect makes this supplement even more impressive.
Neura-Vie can be taken alongside BR Restore. We will talk more about optimal ways to combine supplements after examining the ingredients and benefits of Neura-Vie.
Neura-Vie – Benefits And Ingredients
Neura-Vie is a natural nootropic powder that blends easily in cold or warm water. It was specifically designed to help promote the following:
The ingredients in Neura-Vie work synergistically to support the six pillars of cognition: focus, concentration, accuracy, reasoning, memory, and learning:
- Amino Acid Blend – Leucine, Glutamic Acid, Lysine, Isoleucine, Threonine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Valine, Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, Serine, Methionine, Glutamine, Glycine, Proline, Asparagine, Histidine, Tryptophan, Cystine, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Alpha-GPC, Mucuna Pruriens, L-Theanine, Phosphatidylserine, L-Glutathione, GABA
- Adaptogenic Blend – Lion’s Mane, Rhodiola, Cocoa, Bacopa, Ashwagandha, Ginkgo Biloba, Huperzine A, Saffron Extract
- Vitamin / Mineral Blend – Vitamin B12, CDP-Choline, Uridine Monophosphate, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Citrate, Potassium Citrate, Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate, L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic acid
- Caratenoid Complex – Lutein 5%, Zeaxanthin 5%
- Probiotic Blend – Prebiotic Bacteriophages, Lactobacillus Acidophilous, Lactobacillus Caseli, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Lactobacillus Salivarus
In case you’re not a supplement geek like I am, let me assure you that the ingredients listed above are very well-curated.
Moreover, unlike too many other nootropic (brain-boosting) supplements, Neura-Vie does not contain caffeine! With an ingredient profile this high-quality, there’s no need for cheap stimulants.
The amino acid blend serves to increase levels of “feel-good” chemicals in the brain, the adaptogens have been shown to support smooth and non-jittery energy, and the vitamins, minerals, and probiotics support the nervous system as well as the all-important gut-brain connection.
As I mentioned before, I’m pretty biochemically optimized by now. I’ve been addiction-free since 2014, and I’ve tried literally hundreds of supplements since then. Only the best ones are still part of my routine…And Neura-Vie is included in that uber-exclusive list.
Use one or two packets per day with 8 to 16oz of water, with or without food. It is meant to be cycled 5 days on, then 2 days off. Most people take one packet with breakfast and another with lunch.
It’s best to start with 1/2 packet of Neura-Vie to assess tolerance.
You might notice some slight overlap between the ingredients in Neura-Vie and BR Restore. There’s not enough overlap to be cause for concern, and it’s very likely that your body-brain system will appreciate the extra nutrients.
I have a good friend and former coaching client who sent me his “optimal ratio” of these three supplements. Bear in mind that everyone is different, but this regimen seems reasonable to me:
- 1 scoop of BR Restore in the morning
- 1 packet of Neura-Vie at lunch (Monday – Friday)
- 1 dropper of the most potent CBDPure oil (scroll down for more info) after dinner
This regimen may not be optimal for everyone. Trial and error is always involved because everyone is biochemically different. But my friend, who experienced horrific alcohol withdrawal symptoms that lasted for weeks, says that he now feels calm and clear all day long – and sleeps like a baby.
- Supports the brain’s cellular fuel systems
- Promotes feelings of confidence and resilience
- Improves response time and decrease cognitive inhibition in memory trials
- Supports the mechanisms responsible for the body’s acute stress response
- Supports gut health and strengthening of the brain gut connection
- Excellent customer service
- Discounts on subscription orders
- Easy to start a subscription and cancel whenever you want
- Packets can be hard to open (I keep scissors in my counter drawer)
- Contains some artificial flavoring (the upside is it tastes good)
- Only available from the New U Life website, so you cannot buy it in a store
Neura-Vie Ordering & Pricing
Each box contains 20 packets. This is a one-month supply if you take it once per day, because you take two days off each week. Most people require two boxes per month and take it twice per day.
If you were to buy all of the ingredients in one box of Neura-Vie separately, it would cost over $300!
Since I only require one packet per day, I have a subscription for one box per month. Most people take it twice per day, which means ordering two boxes per month. Here is the current pricing for Neura-Vie:
- One box = $99
- One box monthly subscription = $89
- Two boxes = $169.99
- Two boxes monthly subscription = $149.99
Note: I take the Pom-Berry flavor and I think it tastes awesome!
Here’s the Company’s Satisfaction Guarantee:
“New U Life stands by its products 100%. If you are not satisfied with your product you may return it by contacting [email protected] or calling (925) 274-5000. Requests for a return/refund must be made within and no later than 60 calendar days from the date of purchasing the product.”
Because New U Life has great customer service, it’s easy to cancel subscriptions anytime you want. It therefore makes sense to start a subscription to save yourself some money up front. Click here to visit the Neura-Vie store and try it for yourself!
One more thing: Neura-Vie is probably not the only product you’d love from New U Life. It’s the only one I can vouch for myself, but they have a natural HGH booster, Keto products, and an immunity-booster called Fortress that are worth looking into. My podcost cohost Matt has raved about their HGH-boosting product called Somaderm for a long time.
In Matt’s words:
“Somaderm has changed my life more than any other supplement in over two decades.”
Somaderm Gel is is the only FDA registered, transdermal product capable of boosting HGH that’s available without a prescription. It is basically three supplements in one:
- Human Growth Hormone Formula. The homeopathic formula to increase HGH supports increased energy, improved stamina, deeper sleep, enhanced focus, more muscle mass, fat loss, improved skin, heightened libido, reduced pain and soreness, reduction of PMS or menopausal symptoms, improved immune system, better vision, and dozens more over the span of several months as it continues to work its magic.
- Adrenal Support Formula. People in the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, and many other developed countries are often burned out with stress. Most people have poor-functioning adrenal systems, and thus it’s highly beneficial to support your adrenals naturally. Somaderm’s adrenal support formula reduces burnout and aids in natural energy production.
- Thyroid Support Formula. Lots of people are taking medications like SSRIs and others which can seriously harm the thyroid gland, and in many cases even lead to hypothyroid, causing weight gain, fatigue, and other symptoms. The Somaderm thyroid support formula works quickly to restore healthy thyroid functioning.
Here’s how to get the best New U Life’s products for yourself:
- Click here to visit NewULife.com – It will take you to the ordering page for Neura-Vie ordering options.
- You then decide which option you want.
- I get the Pom-Berry Subscription which is $89.99 a month, and it’s easy to cancel at any time you want.
- If you want to try Somaderm, you can click this Somaderm link here
- Some people choose the One-Time Purchase option for Somaderm, but it’s $169.99 if you do this.
- The best way is to choose the Subscription (Autoship) to get the $20 off, then try it out for a few weeks, and either:
- Get a refund if it’s not amazing
- Cancel Autoship if you don’t want to buy more
- Or do what Matt does and keep receiving a new bottle automatically on the same day every month for $20 cheaper
- If you want to use Neura-Vie twice per day AND try SomaDerm, you can click this Autoship Packages link here
- Select the “Body And Mind Balance Bundle” which will get you the best possible deal for this combination!
- If it’s not for you, then simply cancel your subscription and autoship
- If you want to try Fortress or their Keto Products, simply scroll to the top left in the New U Life store and select them!
3) CBDPure CBD Oil
I believe that CBD may ultimately prove to be very useful in eliminating alcohol dependence for two main reasons:
- CBD is known to reduce the presence of pro-inflammatory compounds in the body and brain, removing a major roadblock for the production of feel-good brain chemicals. It may do this by repairing oxidative stress in a similar manner as antioxidants.
- CBD directly restores our natural endocannabinoids. Endocannabinoids (and even the number of endocannabinoid receptors) have been found to be severely depleted and even extinguished entirely by heavy drinking.
I also suspect that CBD exerts positive effects for people struggling with alcohol addiction in two specific ways:
- Reducing glutamate toxicity, which is relevant because alcohol withdrawal involves excess glutamate (a stress chemical) that contributes to insufficient GABA (the brain’s “natural Valium”)
- Reducing alcohol cravings through a combination of reducing inflammation, restoring endocannabinoid and CB-1 receptor function, and combating high glutamate levels
In many abstinence-only circles, the use of CBD is controversial. But there are signs that CBD is becoming more widely accepted. The media has begun to give a voice to people who have used CBD for a variety of health issues.
The Huffington Post told the story of a 15-year member of AA named April, who successfully used CBD to treat recurring melanomas. April gathered a large array of research demonstrating the therapeutic benefits of CBD for a wide variety of conditions. She brings up an important point: “If there was no factually based research proving the benefits of CBD, then why would the U.S. buy a patent on CBD?” (source)
Research On CBD For Alcohol Addiction
Scientists have begun to explore the effects of CBD on inflammation and addictive behaviors. Some of the results bear at least indirect relevance for people struggling with alcohol dependence:
- Alcohol-dependent people have a severely diminished prevalence of CB-1 receptors in the brain, even after prolonged periods of abstinence – and endocannabinoids can disappear altogether in severe cases of alcoholism. (source)
- Alcoholic rats given a non-THC version of CBD oil reduced their alcohol-seeking behaviors and prevented high impulsivity often seen with alcohol withdrawal. A 1-week administration of CBD oil produced these effects for 5 months, even though CBD itself left their systems after 3 days. (source)
- CBD reverses glutamate toxicity in the brain by binding to CB1 receptors and reducing oxidative stress (source)
- An analysis of scientific studies found that CBD seems to have direct effects on addictive behaviors, possibly by replenishing endocannabinoids that may be missing from the body, as well as indirectly by improving stress vulnerability and reducing neurotoxicity. (source)
- CBD reduces cigarette consumption in tobacco smokers (source)
- CBD reduces the reward-facilitating effects of morphine (source)
- CBD reduces cravings for cannabis following heavy usage (source)
- No adverse effects have been reported with high doses of CBD (source)
More research on CBD for alcohol withdrawal – particularly in humans – is clearly needed. The use of CBD for various addictive disorders is an exciting new research frontier from which I expect to see further advances in the near future.
Trusted CBD Oil Brands
I haven’t struggled with alcohol withdrawal or cravings in years, due to the supplements and lifestyle strategies discussed on this site and in my online course. My goal in trying CBD was to determine its overall impact on my sense of well-being and any negative side effects that I could discern.
I first ordered a few popular CBD supplements from Amazon. After using them, I noticed that I became slightly more calm and slept a bit deeper than usual.
I then came across a company called CBDPure, which makes CBD oil from organic hemp that contains zero THC. I did some research on this company and was generally impressed. CBDPure gave me 15% off with a coupon (given below), shipped to my condo for free, and had a 90-day unconditional refund policy.
CBDPure offers three different versions of CBD oil: 100mg, 300mg, and 600mg. I’m very in tune with my body, meaning that I can usually notice some effect when I take a new supplement. Therefore, I opted to try the 100mg version first. (*Update: I now use the most potent version, and absolutely love the relaxing feeling it gives me!)
The first thing I noticed was that the CBD oil from CBDPure tasted less grassy. It has a light golden color, similar to honey, and tastes earthy without the unpleasant grassiness that I noticed with the brands.
As for effects, CBDPure was more potent than the other brands I tried. I felt noticeably calmer within minutes after consuming just 1/2 a dropper, which contained 1 gram of “full spectrum” hemp oil (i.e., CBD and various non-THC cannibidiol compounds).
I sat down on my favorite chair and seemed to sink in deeper than usual. I read a few chapters of a book and then floated into bed. I can see how CBDPure offers massive relief for people struggling with discomfort after quitting drinking.
It’s important to note that while CBD oil may help to take the edge off instantly for many people, its most beneficial potential effects – including inflammation reduction – take place over a period of days or weeks.
CBDPure uses organic hemp harvested in Denmark, which apparently has some of the highest quality standards for hemp production. The company then uses CO2 extraction to produce its CBD oil here in the U.S. In contrast to more commonly used ethanol or butane, CO2 extraction is a nontoxic and precise method of isolating plant compounds.
If I were quitting drinking today, I would use several droppers of CBDPure each night for a few weeks and then assess its effects on my overall sense of well-being and alcohol cravings.
If you don’t have a hyper-sensitive biochemistry like I do, then you might benefit from trying one of CBDPure’s stronger versions – just to ensure that you get maximum results.
As with every other supplement, CBD should be discussed with your doctor before you start using it.
CBDPure – Price
- 100 mg Dropper – $29.99
- 300 mg Dropper – $54.99
- 600 mg Dropper – $79.99
- 750 mg Capsules – $99.99
CBDPure – Benefits
- Superior taste
- Superior potency
- 100% Organic
- Third-Party Tested
- Free shipping
- Discrete shipping
- 90 day money back policy (used or unused)
- Ships to almost all states – check the CDBPure website for more info
- If you order CBDPure today, you will get 15% off by using this coupon code: 15PERCENT
Neura-Vie & CBDPure Have The Fit Recovery Stamp Of Approval
I’m confident that in addition to my own product BR Restore, Neura-Vie and CBDPure will help you to feel physically better, repair existing nutrient deficiencies, and optimize your mood.
I’ve studied and used both of these companies’ products for awhile and I can personally vouch for their integrity.
These supplements will enable you to take your life to the next level by supporting your body, brain, and mood – empowering you to focus on the other side of the equation, which consists of crucial lifestyle and mindset strategies.
If I had to start from square one all over again, I would absolutely get BR Restore, CBDPure, and Neura-Vie as powerful new tools in my arsenal of supplements.
(And if I were over the age of 30 and had trouble with energy, libido, or other symptoms of hormonal deficiency then I would also look into Somaderm by New U Life, the same company that produces Neura-Vie.)
I would then enroll in a super-informative, totally anonymous online course like Total Alcohol Recovery 2.0 – actually, this is the only course of its kind! – to help devise my new lifestyle from scratch.
Click on the picture below to learn more and see what participants are saying!